Geokult has been involved in a broad range of projects to date.
Some examples include:
- Words for Water is a cross-media project, initiated by Tracey Benson in 2013
- SCANZ2013 was a residency, symposium and exhibition in the Taranaki region of New Zealand.
- Finding Balance: Mura Gadi is the title of an exhibition but Tracey Benson at Belconnen Art Centre in 2013. The work has been developed from a series of walks in the Australian Capital Territory and southern New South Wales.
- Cultural Strangers explores the many layers of Turkish history and culture from the perspective of a traveler and cultural observer. This project started development before the trip to Turkey in Sept-Oct 2011, by way of research into a number of social and environmental aspects of some the locations on our journey. This project was the foundation of an artist residency at Babayan Culture House in Ibrahimpaşa, a small village in the Cappdocia region of Turkey.
Forthcoming projects include:
- an exhibition of works and launch of a publication focusing on Turkey, Turkish Embassy, Canberra 2014
- Waterwheel World Water Day Symposium 2014
Tracey Benson is also working on other projects including Remote Connections, which focuses on working collaboratively with remote Indigenous communities in Australia to co-design web based tools for flexible delivery, and a long standing blog Mediakult which focuses on media arts, theory and cultures.
While you on Facebook, you can also find Tracey and Marty’s geokult page at www.facebook.com/geokult
Some of Tracey’s archived works and projects can be seen at Tracey’s Treasure Trove.